Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Every Winter...

Lets start this off on a POSITIVE note...Happy Valentines Day!  We started off our morning by showing our kids some love with these gifts.  Both were beyond thrilled and so excited.  Paisley named her bear "Lots of Love", and Noah has talked non stop about how after school he can't wait to play Batman with Bracken.  Rowan just gets lots of kisses this year. :)


 This month has been a hard one.  It seems like every winter, we always get lots of sickness.  This year, Noah just has the usual 24/7 yucky nose and cough.  It never seems to go away, but at least he acts fine.  It’s my girls that have had it rough.  Paisley has been struggling with her asthma ever since December, and we have continued to give her breathing treatments and her inhaler, however the last 3 weeks have been especially bad.  She gets too tired to go to dance or gymnastics, she gets a high fever that comes and goes, she is extra irritable (which is so fun for me!), and finally last week it hit her hard, and she came down with a bad case of Pneumonia.  The poor girl has missed so much school, extra curricular activities, friend time…everything.  I have felt like we have all had to stop our lives in a way and just be home.  But I feel the worst for how awful it must be to continually struggle to breath.  I can’t imagine.  My heart breaks for her and I wish I could take the pain away.  She convinced me to let her go to school today, so she wouldn’t have to miss out on Valentines parties, but I can tell she is still struggling.  It’s a hard place to be, the “half way” better place.  You can’t over do it, yet you don’t want to sit home and rest all day either.  I’m not sure what to do about gymnastics and dance…she has missed so much, but I don’t want to push her back into it.  And then there is sweet little RoRo.  She had an ear infection at Christmas time, another at her 9 month app. in January, and yet another last week.  Antibiotics don’t seem to be working, and she just finished 3 days in a row of getting a shot, yet…still sick.  I am taking them both in for a follow up visit today.  I am praying that Paisley is doing better, she has been on so many steroids and different medications, I just hope she doesn’t need any more, all of that can’t be good for you, although I am grateful for them.  And Rowan, it looks like the next step is to schedule her right away for tubes…we will see.
Lots of treatments, at least 2 a day...


 Cute pose.  I just love her little legs here.
Ear infections, yet so happy too!  (most of the time!)
 Her "sniffy" face...glad I caught this one on camera, it is pretty funny.  She does it all the time.
 My cute boy...

Here are some extra big smiles...

Does that smile look familiar?  Here is Paisley around the exact same age...
Cheese!!!

1 comment:

Isaac Family said...

Les! I had no idea things were so rough! I didn't even recognize Paisley with that inhaler over her mouth... poor girl- and poor you! And poor Rowan! You are such a good little mom and take such good care of your kids. Hang in there and good luck with the tubes!