Friday, April 19, 2013

What a difference 2 months can make....

Last month I ended my post with the hint of changes to come, and boy have they come!  I have been meaning to journal about everything for so long, but it has been non stop craziness, and for the first time in 2 months, I FINALLY have a free afternoon to play catch up.  So here I go....
About 2 months ago, Ryan and I both decided it would be a good time to put our house back up on the market (for the 3rd time), and just put 110% of our efforts into getting it sold this time for the right price.  The market has been getting better, and we both felt really good about the decision.  So we paid a fee to put it up on the MLS, and with in 3 DAYS we got an offer for our full asking price.  We couldn't believe it.  So we very quickly got put into the "moving mode", along with the regular day to day business, we now very quickly needed to pack, and figure out where we were going to live in 30 days.  I'll never forget driving into Stillwater for the first time, and absolutely loving it right away.  I got that feeling that THIS was the place we were supposed to be.  I had alot of reservations about moving back that west into Saratoga Springs, but once we saw this neighborhood, we both knew it was right.  So, we found the lot we loved, contacted the builder, and proceeded to get the building process going.  We have amazing family, and thank goodness for Ryans parents, because once again we are stationed here while we "wait" for our home to get built.  Only this time, we have 3 kids (Rowan has to sleep in the unfinished part of the basement.  We call it the "dungeon"), and it is quite the different experience.  But so far, the transition has gone smoothly, the kids are adjusting, and oh ya...I got a job.  In the mist of all the craziness, Tammy Godfrey (who was my boss at one time, then I moved up and we were both Regional Managers when I quit), is now over the compliance dept. of the company and called me wondering if I would be interested in doing part time compliance from home.  It was such a crazy time to be starting a job, but I couldn't refuse.  It is so ideal.  I only work a few hours a day, and it's from home!  I can choose my hours, and it all just has worked out so well.  I am enjoying getting a pay check again, feeling a bit of fulfillment in a whole new way, and it comes at a great time where we are needing to save as much as we can for our new home.  I feel so very blessed.  I don't know why Heavenly Father has blessed me so abundantly, but I am so grateful every day.

So, now on to the pictures, and there are ALOT from the last two months...
We had a fun evening with the Grobergs at their new beautiful home a few months ago.  We just love this family so much.  Our kids had a blast, we got Cafe Rio to go, made cookies, and caught up on each others lives.  I love that this childhood friendship is still so strong, our husbands hang out almost more then we do with their fishing excursions, and now our kids are friends!



A few cute pics. of RoRo and her buddy miss Ruby. 
 Getting Dirty....
 Then getting clean....
 We will miss not being neighbors to our dear friends.  Luckily, we won't be too far away!

And then the time finally came, the arrival of my new nephew Bennet!  I can not express in words how cool it was to be there for his birth.  An experience that can only be topped of by my own birthing experiences.  I remember thinking that maybe I should just stay home and pack because I had so much to do and was extremely stressed out, but stopping everything to be there, and watch my sister give birth was so truly amazing, and I felt so blessed to be able to help hold her leg, and help get her through it.  Then to see little Bennett, fresh from heaven...oh man.  Just a miracle.  I loved him instantly.
 Telling her to smile, and not worry about looking fat, because lets be honest, anyone about to give birth is going to look fat, haha.
 Beautiful Sister.  All excited and happy before the REAL contractions started to kick in.
 Sorry Shanna, but this will help you remember why you don't want to be preggers again...haha!  Poor feet.
 I got to the hospital around 8pm that night.  Finally at around 2pm, I went back to their house since things didn't seem to be happening too fast.  And of course, 10 minutes later Coleman texts me to hurry and come back, that the baby would be there soon!  I got there right as she was starting to push.  About half hour after then, baby Bennet was here!






 Just a typical day of business from packing/working/mommying=naughty Rowan needing some attention.  She got an expo and colored all over my bedspread, pillows, sheets, and herself.  That blue stayed on her for about a week.  She is almost 2, and gets into more trouble in one day then I can handle sometimes.  But oh how I love her.
 More Bennet pics. with his cool new Billy Ruben lighted blanket.



We had a little dinner at the Jasmine Restaurant for Shanna, Missy, and Moms birthdays, followed by Marie Callendars pie for dessert.  It was a nice evening, and I especially enjoyed holding my little new baby Bennett.





On Shanna and Missy's birthday, the next day, we brought balloons and flowers to Missy's grave.  It was a hard day for everyone.  Shanna was very emotional, as would be expected from the emotions of just having a baby, to celebrating her birthday for the first time knowing your other half isn't around to share it with you.  I did alot of crying as well.  We all shared a good memory of Missy and released a balloon into the sky.  I always want to do that on her birthday, in hopes to keep her memory alive. 

Then it was time to get some serious packing done...it was so bittersweet.
 Here is Ryan and I eating a bowl of cereal at midnight on our last night in our house.  I had some many emotions running through me.  I was exhausted, excited, sad, happy, stressed, everything.  I just kept thinking about how this house has been all my kids have ever knows as "home" and how everything was going to change.  Sometimes even good change is hard.

A day full of goodbyes....
 Last day at preschool, so I had to bring cupcakes for his class of course and get a pic. with Mrs. Plank.  No more preschool for Noah, mommy gets to be his teacher now until Kindergarten starts.

 And Paisley had a last day full of love and attention from her class.  It brought tears to my eyes to see all of the kids giving her notes, presents, hugs, and letters with phone numbers and addresses to keep in touch.  I think she will especially miss Mrs. Caywood, she was such a great teacher.  So kind and loving to Paisley.



And Rowan has learned how to peel her own orange, then bring it downstairs to eat while watching life size Dora.  Not bad!

She also thoroughly enjoys shopping with mommy.  She picked this off the shelf all by herself.  What a stylin' little munchkin I have!


The day we moved, Grandma put on her annual Easter egg hunt.  It was fabulous of course and the kids went crazy over all the eggs filled with goodies and toys.










Last week I got to take a much needed getaway with the girls to Las Vegas.  When people asked me what we did, I really only can say 3 things...ate lots of good food, relaxed by the pool, and shopped.  My dream vacation.  I had so much fun laughing with these girls, hookup up on our tubes together in the pool, letting the sunshine beat down on us.  We discovered a few "must eat at again" places, saw some crazy people, laughed again, we all sweated over our Lulu Lemon purchases, but are obsessed with them, the cheerleader in Hailey came out full force, Brit won .02$ at the penny machine, and Jess's eyes were opened to the "evils" of the world, and all of our nights were made when we got carded!  Lots of good memories, can't wait to repeat our trip!
Dutchman's cookies...a must stop in St. George.  Brought back high school memories.


 Firefly Restaurant.  Best place to eat in Vegas.



 Races down these calls probably made our neighbors mad.  But we sure had fun.  Brit and I were no match for the long legged sprinters.

 We totally got a glimpse of Miss Kim Kardashian at her store in the Mirage Hotel.  It was "khaos" for sure. But fun to see how crazy people get around celebrities.  And REALLY fun to see her in real life.  Made our day!  
 So giddy with excitement running to her store...

 Our view of her through the glass.





Rock concert in our sweats...


 And back to Rowan...I have a hard time shopping with her lately, she wants to buy everything pink and pretty.  Wonder where she gets that from?  



No comments: