Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas in McCall

There were so many great memories created this Christmas!  We were all together in a Cabin tucked away in the woods near McCall, ID.  The kids were so relieved that Santa found us on Christmas morning.
Of course the first things the girls did was play dress up with Aunt Melissa's clothes.  The kids sure love their Aunt Melissa.  They rally around her whenever she is around, and every night begged for her to put them to bed.  It was so cute.


Oh Christmas Eve, we made these darling wreaths out of died green rice and red hots.  Later they would hang on our tree.  



For lunch on Christmas eve we went to "My Fathers Place" in McCall for some grub.  That place has a to die for burger, unfortunately I had come down with the stomach flu that the kids gave me from the day before.  But I think everyone else enjoyed it. (Minus Dad and Ryan, who had to make a little trip to my parents to grab a present Santa left behind...dang it!)  Anyway, we drove around looking for a tree farm, but nothing was open.  So, when we got home my ambitious mother goes down to the basement, finds a tiny little hand saw (that looked more like a kitchen knife), and says she'll be right back.  Within 20 minutes she comes back out of the woods dragging our classic, WONDERFUL Charlie Brown tree.  It was perfect!
We made paper chains, a few different ornaments, and got to town decorating.  Melissa climbed up like a monkey to the top rafters to hang our tree topper.
Then we opened our pajamas that my mom and I made.  I think I made um...10, no 12 pairs with the Sock Monkeys included.  It was quite the task but oh so fun!
Our Tree Topper that I made.







The whole Fam Damily!

Noah was SOO tired he fell asleep on me before the festivities even began!  Poor kid.  Paisley started to struggle that night after all was said and done too with her asthma, and had a pretty bad attack in the middle of the night.  It was sad, but in the morning all was well, so I was very grateful for having all my kids healthy (somewhat) on Christmas!
Aunt Shanna got the boys these matching shirts.  Noah is obsessed.
The beloved gifts that Santa brought this year was an Easel for Paisley, a Bat cave GeoTrax set for Noah, and a Leap Frog Puppy for Rowan.


Paisley was so excited to open her Ice Cream maker too!
And her makeup...and everything else she got.  Spoiled little kids they were, but not rotten. :)

Playing all together with their new toys.
The crew.

Christmas Eve, with everyone in their PJ's!
I will never forget the talent show the kids put on the first night.  We were all rolling laughing so hard at the cute things all the kids were doing.  I will never forget Kimball's face while heading for the weeds on the sled. Priceless.  Our tree.  Shanna's pancakes with that to die for syrup!  Each of my kids taking a fall on that dang landing step.  Of course all 3 of my kids would have their turn.  Santa was so loud here too!  We could hear reindeer hoofs on the roof, and the loudest, "HO HO HO" and jingling of bells you have ever heard!!  The excitement in our kids eyes made everything so magical, and you could hardly contain their squeals of joy at hearing these things before bed!!  What a great time enjoyed by all!  Merry Christmas 2011!!

3 comments:

kjc_44 said...

What fun pictures! I loved the pajama ones especially our "crazy face" one.

jaclynn and michael said...

ok is this you or Paisley posing in that top pic? Love it. I am dyyyying over this magical xmas nestled in a tree deep forest, cutting down your own tree, making ornaments, the men hunting for your food, while the women make homemade bread and keep the fire burning to cook your food on for dinner, Sowing the kids clothes from fabric scraps, everyone singing christmas carols and giving a homeade gift! ha. What a great family you have. Love all the pics.

Jessica said...

The Pj's turned out fantastic. I loved the picture of you Mom and all the daughters. You are all beautiful. What a great Xmas memory!