Thursday, January 5, 2012

Viva Las Vegas!!

For Ryans birthday (he turned a whopping 32!), we decided to take a little trip down to Vegas.  Brad and Rebecca joined us for part of the trip, it was so much fun!  His birthday was so perfect!  The buffet at our hotel, the Mandalay Bay was my favorite I've ever eaten at, and I'm not a huge fan of buffets.  But this one was really good! I especially loved the huge crab legs and the to die for Chocolate Cake!
Then we headed over to see The Lion King show.  I always heard this was a good one to see, but you really can't begin to imagine how amazing it really is until you see it for yourself.  I was left with chills the whole time.  LOVED IT!


Of course, what is a trip to Vegas without a day of Shopping!!!  Rebecca and I took a little more time at the mall then I think the boys wanted, but we found some goodies!  Thanks for being a good sport honey!
Ryan's one request while there was that we watch the bowl game together.  Utah came out with a win, good thing too.  It would have dampened my hubby's spirit!  A good way to end the season, and a great way to start our new years celebrations!  
Our hotel was having a beach party by the pool on New Years Eve.  Joe Nichols performed, along with Lauren Alaina, Rodney Atkins, and David Nail.  It was televised, and they kept hopping back between us and New York with the performances.  It was SO MUCH FUN!
The weather was fabulous!!!


The concert ended on New Yorks time, 10pm.  So we still had a few hours to kill.  We went back to our room and ate our Cheesecake and toasted with our Diet Cokes.  Then we were about to fall asleep.  I told Ryan we can't be such losers, we are in Vegas with no kids on New Years Eve!!  So we decided to be brave and head down to the strip.  IT WAS CRAZY!  We were probably the only sober ones there.  But we had fun laughing at funny drunk people, and the firework show was pretty cool to watch with all the hotel rooftops shooting them off in sync with each other.  It truly was a night I will never forget and always look back fondly upon.  I sure am lucky to have such a great hubby and best friend!

The end of the strip...once you ventured further in there was no getting out!  Haha.
Happy New Years!!!!  2012 is going to be great!

3 comments:

jaclynn and michael said...

ahhhhhhhhh this looks like a dream!! How fun. seriously wished I could have seen you at lion king. You possibly could have been Nala with your singing and dancing skills. So glad you got to go to viva. noone deserves a trip more than you. I went to bed at 8:15. way to fun over here

Isaac Family said...

What a way to ring in the new year! Loved your post on Christmas. Love you!

Jessica said...

Party animal....I wish we could of joined you for the smoorgishborg!