Friday, June 8, 2012

My Sister.


Melissa Ann (Carey) Jensen 

  


1980 ~ 2012
Missy passed peacefully in her sleep after struggling with failing health on May 18, 2012.
She was born March 23rd 1980 in Provo, Utah the oldest of four siblings born to Ken and Pam Carey. She grew up in the majestic beauty of Northern California and Montana. Being active in the outdoors was a great passion. She graduated from Dixie College and developed an enduring bond to the red cliffs of St. George, where she married Scott Jensen in 2004. Their beautiful daughter AnnDee Mae was born in 2005, becoming the joy of her life. She later divorced, but remained in St George to be close to her daughter.
It is most disheartening when a mother and father lay their daughter to rest before her time…leaving a daughter without her mother and a brother and sisters without their sibling. Missy was our "organization" in a disorganized world, our energy when reserves were low, and our positive ray of hope despite an often cloudy day.
She is preceded in death by her grandparents Ivan Kocherhans, Ralph and Pat Carey. She is survived by her grandmother Lorraine Kocherhans; parents Ken and Pam Carey; twin sister Shanna (Coleman) Richmond, sister Leslie (Ryan) Hemming; and brother Justin (Bria) Carey. She is also survived by many loving aunts, uncles, cousins, and especially loved by her nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will held at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at Lindquist's Bountiful Mortuary 727 S. 400 E. Bountiful. Friends may visit with the family from 11:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. prior to the services. Condolences may be shared at www.lindquistmortuary.com

My sister Missy Moon.  This is probably my most favorite picture of her.  It depicts her easy going, fun loving personality, and it is taken at one of the places she loved most, Glacier Park Montana.

I will always remember Melissa this way too, holding her pride and joy in her arms.  AnnDee truly meant everything to her.




 Here are some old pictures I scanned to have in my blog book.  These days seemed to be so care free and happy for her.  She was fun, loving, thoughtful, and full of life.
 Us girls would always stick together.  Oh the fun we would all have together.


 We caught a lizard together in Zions.  I remember this day so well, we hiked Angels Landing and Missy was the leader the whole way, so thrilled to be in the outdoors in such a beautiful place.
 Here we are at the the Bigfork Inn, eating dinner during one of our trips to Montana.  Missy had just had AnnDee, she was only 2 months old, and the only grandkid at the time.  We were all obsessed with her, and Melissa was beyond thrilled at the new concept of motherhood.


This was the last picture taken of Missy and I.  This was a good happy moment over our Christmas vacation.  I remember she was squeezing me so tight with her one arm around me...hence the face I am making.
 We all got to spend some time with little AnnDee Mae in St. George when we traveled down there to collect what little was left of her things.  It was a hard day, but so great to see her beautiful smiling face that reminded me so much of my sister.

 Her funeral was Wednesday, and her ashes were buried on Friday.  Part of her ashes have been saved in a separate earn, and we will take a trip to Montana this summer and spread them across one of her favorite lakes there, just like she would have wanted.

 There definitely was an empty feeling at the cemetery that day.  Just a feeling that there was really no part of Melissa here on this earth any longer.  I left feeling very numb.








Dad gave a beautiful dedicatory prayer, and we said our final little goodbyes.  

I really don't know how to express the sadness in my heart of loosing my sister.  No matter how many times I hear people say, "she is in a better place", or "she is happier now", it doesn't fill the empty void in my heart, or make her "forever" absence here on earth any easier.  It is just hard, and it's not fair.  I don't think I could have ever comprehended how hard loosing her would really be.  I have a moment just about every day, that my thoughts turn to her and I cry.  It's usually a moment when I am kid free, doing something where my thoughts can wander, weather that be while folding laundry, driving in my car, doing dishes, laying in bed before falling asleep, what ever...she is constantly there in my thoughts, and the tears suddenly appear again.  I wonder how long this will go on for, how will missing her so much get any easier?  I pray that Heavenly Father can continue to help me, and my family, especially my heart broken mother, through this tough time.  It's been 3 weeks today since that awful phone call came.  I know it will get easier, it's still so raw.  I love my sister very much.  I will never forget all the good she did in her short life time.

1 comment:

Isaac Family said...

Oh Les. I'm just so sorry. I don't know when it'll get easier but just know it's okay to cry and mourn her. I love the first pics- you and your sisters could be triplets! Your family is beautiful and just know that yes, Heavenly Father will definitely help you get through it. It will still hurt, but he'll help you. Love you tons cute girl.