Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy 11 Years To Us!

We had a great night out to dinner at Tucanos, then the next morning got up early and started this fantastic hike to celebrate our 11th anniversary.  We couldn't get over how amazing this hike was.  You start it at Granite Flats campground, go all the way to the top of the peak, then go down the saddle to the other mountain and loop back around.  It took us about 5 hours to hike, and by far is one of my favorite hikes I've ever done.
Here we are about halfway to the top of the first mountain.
 Just getting started...and the views were already amazing.  The pictures just don't give it justice.
 It started to get really steep about a mile into it...from here it got really intense.



 The little spec of water below is Tibblefork Reservoir.
 A view of Silver Lake and Tibbelfork.

 Finally...to the top.  It was a beautiful open meadow.  We took a break here, ate lunch and enjoyed the views in every direction.  From one direction you could see Heber, in the other you could see Kennicot and Salt Lake Valley.

 The mountain behind Ryan is where we had to hike across to, then it was all down hill from there.


I would love to do this hike in early summer and see more waterfalls.  But I loved everything about this hike. There was NO ONE around, it almost got a little creepy, and when we ran into a heard of Elk, I just about peed my pants thinking it was a bear.  Next time we WILL have pepper spray!  I couldn't think of a better way to spend this day with my hubby.  We had such a great time talking, and enjoying the beauty all around us.  By the end we were tired and sore, but it was so worth it!  I love you Ryan!

No comments: