Sunday, February 24, 2013

Family Update...

Its been a while since I did an update of what's going on between each of my kids these days.  I know these things will slip from my memory so I am grateful to finally have a moment to sit and journal some of my thoughts.  I want to start with my baby...Little Miss RoRo.
 She is 22 months, and one of the most adventurous, crazy, fearless, little tornadoes I've ever laid eyes on!  Her most favorite things at this moment are books, especially her "Bet" (Alphabet) book she is looking at here.



She asks for books all day long.  Another favorite book is her 1st year scrapbook I made her.  I finally had to put it up high, because she was so hard on it and it was getting ruined.  But she really loves to look at pictures of herself and her family.  She LOVES Dora!  I remember Paisley getting really excited about Dora at this age too, and it is fun to do it all over again.  She wants to watch it every morning, and I get so sick of it, so I say...Ohh Mickey Mouse!  Lets Watch that!  Or, Bubble Guppies!  Yah, let watch that!  Her response is always very loud and clear..."Nooo, no like mii mou, no like gup gup..DORA!!  She is strong willed and strong opinionated, which I know will be good qualities one day, but does make life interesting as a mother to an almost 2 year old.  She is talking so well, and picking up new words every day.  Today I heard her saying, "Pisly, come on come on" wanting Paisley to help her get something.  She carries stools around everywhere and wants to do everything on her own if she can.  She loves her baby doll that she got for Christmas, and carries that around a lot.  All these things keep bringing back memories of Paisley for me, she is so much like her sister.  We just took her binki away, and it was so sad.  I am glad it's gone now though, and she is already sleeping better.  I love her and her crazy ways, she makes that whole family laugh every day.

Noah....my sweet, content, easy going, non dramatic boy who brings balance to our family.  What would I do with out him?  Noah is 4 1/2, still loves his super heroes, legos, playing the tablet and the wii.  I could say in the morning, "Noah, mommy has cleaning and laundry to do so I need to you play in the toy room for a bit." and I wouldn't hear from him all morning.  He self entertains, and sometimes I need to remind myself to go make some special time for him, because he would never demand it like my girls do. As easy as he is, he also can be stubborn.  He could live on peanut butter and honey sandwiches, and every night he is the last to leave the table because he fights so much with eating his veggies and other food.  I would say, 95% of our dinners consist of him leaving with a mouthful of veggies and tears running down his face...oy.  One day he will like them...right???  But oh how I love him, he has this sweet little smile that melts my heart, and when he sings a song that he has learned from preschool I can't help but feel overwhelmed with love for my little guy.  I have battled with the decision to put him into kindergarten next year or not, and I think we have finally decided with the new mission rules, that it would be best to put him in next year.  I can't believe it!  Seems a bit surreal that I will have 2 children in Elementary School.

And of course, my oldest and wisest, Paisley.  She is going to be 7 in June, but going on 16.  I am enjoying her so much right now.  She is in first grade, and I have loved being so involved in her class this year.  It is fun watching her learn and grow so much.  She also loves to read, and is very good at it.  She just started reading the Box Car Kids, and I can't believe she is reading big chapter books that I remember reading when I was little!  She is so smart, sassy, and thinks she is very funny.  I watch her in class sometimes, and just wonder where she comes from.  She is a little too social at times, and I have to constantly reminder her to not be so chatty in class, but she is very loved.  All of the kids surround her and laugh at her comments, and she loves that attention.  She is boy crazy, and talks about them nonstop...I am in big trouble.  She is currently in a singing group called Limited Edition at Center Stage, and she is having the time of her life at it.  She loves to perform, and sing.  She still is doing tumbling, and I am hoping that will pay off one day, but still am unsure if that will be her "thing" or not.  It is so scary, yet thrilling to see her growing up.  One thing that makes me especially proud is her sweet testimony that I feel coming from her.  She is so crazy at times, but then we have moments during family night, or in a causal discussion that makes me so proud to be her mom, with her sweet spirit and comments she makes, that confirms to me that she is learning right from wrong, and is learning what the holy ghost feels like.  She has born her testimony a few times in sacrament over that last couple of months, and I love her desire to grow in the gospel.

Ryan and I have a bit of decision making to do right now, but that is going to be for a future post, as my time is now run out.  We are happy, healthy, and in love, and that is all that really matters!  We feel blessed to have the life we have, and look forward to our future adventures!

No comments: