Monday, August 8, 2011

First time hiking Mt. Timpanogos...

Ryan and I decided to hike the back side of Mt. Timpanogos last Saturday. Even though we got a late start we got about 3/4 of the way through it before we ran short on time and had to turn back. I want to go again when we have all day to do it and finish it...it was incredible! Really, one of the most amazing hikes I've been on in my life, definitely the best hike in Utah, without a doubt! And that's my opinion with out even getting to the very top! I don't know why we haven't done this before! Ryan and I had a blast and can't wait to do it again!

There were so many wild flowers of all different colors, it was just beautiful!

 I could have sat there all day and taken in the scenery around me.  Directly below where I was sitting there was a huge bull moose grazing in the meadow, it was pretty cool to watch.




 We took a little detour and hiked around these cool waterfalls.  There was so much water everywhere.  Half the trail had water running down it.



 




Rowan was very happy to see mom and dad after a long day of hiking...thanks to Grandma Hemming for watching the kiddos! They sure had a great time!

1 comment:

jaclynn and michael said...

AAAAAAAAAA unreal!!! Gosh thank you for posting these.